Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sweet Geek Relief



Yesterday I finally took got a break after many days of toiling on my latest project for a RPG publisher. This project was a collaborative effort, and I'm pretty excited about it. That being said, I've spent days buried in books and stats and Excel sheets, getting the numbers right. Writing RPG stuff is harder than it looks, and sending my files off to my project editor (via e-mail of course) carried that same sense of relief mixed with excitement that probably every novelist dropping their latest boxed manuscript on her publisher's door feels.

Now I'll sit back and enjoy an imaginary cigarette ... at least until my editor's comments arrive or I remember that novel I half-finished a year (or two or three) ago that still needs finishing.

Ahh, it was good while it lasted.

No comments: